+12093827922

Scam reports relating to Zone 1 (NANP Area) telephone numbers
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+12093827922

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +12093827922, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +12093827922

Telephone number +12093827922 has a country code of 1, which indicates that it is from the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) area. The area code (209) indicates that the number covers the State of California, USA and the Exchange Code (382) indicates that the number covers the town or city of Merced. This Exchange code was originally designated for Landline usage and the original service provider was "PACIFIC BELL".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +12093827922

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +12093827922 is being used as part of a Rental Scam by someone claiming to be "Mary Johnson" and using the email address highmission@googlemail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Rental Scam email that is being sent to victims:
Thanks for your response once again, I really appreciate your expression. We don't have any friend or relative to show you inside the apartment because I'm with the keys and documents. I want you to stick to your words. I want you to fill out the questions below, you must answer those questions to qualify for the rental of our apartment. In fact my husband would like to meet you when coming to visit you soonest. We would offer a long term and short term rental anytime you wish to leave the apartment will be grateful and we are ready to rent for as long as you want. Note that you will not be allowed to view inside the apartment until everything is being finalize as the keys/document are with me in Butte, MT. You can only view the apartment from the outside.

********RENT APPLICATION FORM********

(Private & Confidential)
Also, Please let me get these answers.
1) Your Full Name
2) Present Full Address (where you reside now) & Phone Number to Reach You
3) Age
4) Are you married?
5) How many people will be living in the house?
6) Do you have a pet?
7) Do you have a car?
8) Occupation?
9) Citizen of which Country?
10) When are you ready to Move in ?
11) When are u planning to leave the apartment ?
12) How many months rent can you deposit upfront (plus $700 security deposit.)
13) A picture of the applicant(s) or PHOTO ID? Send a copy

Looking forward to read from you with all this details for approval so that we can have it in our file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you, Please we're doing this transaction based on Trust & Honesty and again I want you to stick to your words, we're putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let us down in this property of ours.

N:B : We're doing this because of God & as good Christians, If you can pay two months, you will get one month free. I had an accident which affected my hearing and my legs , I am currently on a wheel chair right now, I do not use a phone that's why I am always online, if you are interested, you can fill out the rent application above and get back to me as soon as possible. You can call my husband on (209) 382-7922.

Note:- We're looking for someone who is ready to move in as soon as possible since our apartment is free right now and we will be giving out a month free. God bless you as you do this.

Regards
Mary Johnson
The email was sent from the email address "Mary Johnson <highmission@googlemail.com>".

The email is a example of a Rental Scam targeting individiuals looking for rental properties. The scammer will claim to have a property available for rent at a better than market price. They will claim to be unable to show the property due to having moved away and will usually offer to send the keys using some sort of Escrow service or ask for a deposit, again to be held in Escrow. They will often use the names of real companies in the rental and accomodation sectors such as AirBnB, Flipkey, Rightmove. Legitimate landlords will make arrangements for prospective tenants to be able to view their properties - if you can't physically see the inside of the property without having to pay money to someone then it is a definite scam.