+22893669170

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+22893669170

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +22893669170, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +22893669170

Telephone number +22893669170 has a country code of 228, which indicates that it is from Togo. The dialling code (9) indicates that the number is a mobile number.

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +22893669170

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +22893669170 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Jackson David" and using the email address jackkssondavid@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
I thank you so much for taking your time to reply me.I am Jackson David, a legal practitioner and the personal Lawyer to Mr. Luis [Redacted], a national Of your country who works as independent engineering contractor here in my country republic of Togo. Mr. Luis [Redacted], used to be my client until his sudden death On the 10th of January 2015. Mr. Luis [Redacted], his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident.unfortunately all of them lost their lives,Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy here to help me locate any of His extended relatives,this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet to locate any member of his family before i finally got your contact as someone who shares the same Surname with him.I have contacted you to assist in claiming the money he left behind before it gets confiscated or declared inactive by the Bank where this huge amount of money were deposited.

I have been battling with the bank to grant me an extension of time to provide a next of kin to them since the date they gave to me already expired, and they are planning to confiscate the money as an unclaimed money. However, i have done my best and they have finally approved my application for extension of time, so we have just about 3 weeks now to claim the money otherwise they will confiscate the money at the expiration of the deadline and when they confiscate it, they will share it among their top officials and nobody will say anything,Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for months now,I am seeking your permission to present you as the next of kin to my deceased client since you have the same last names him so that the money can be paid to you

Please have in mind that this transaction is legitimate and in essence it will undergo normal procedures as stipulated in the financial and allied matters act and all legal documents will be issued in your name.I contacted you in good faith and trust to present you as the next of kin to my deceased client, if we do not put claims to this money, the bank will confiscate the money and share it among themselves.
The total value of the money is US$2,100,000.Therefore, upon receipt of your positive response,we will discuss further about percentage sharing of the money and modalities for transfer.I have all necessary information and legal documents needed to back you up for claim. All i require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I also guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.I need your help in this please.

You can call me directly on :+22893669170

Barrister Jackson David
The email was sent from the email address "David Jackson <jackkssondavid@gmail.com>", with the subject "Re: [Redacted]".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.