+15182053893

Scam reports relating to Zone 1 (NANP Area) telephone numbers
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+15182053893

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +15182053893, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +15182053893

Telephone number +15182053893 hhas a country code of 1, which indicates that it is from North American Numbering Plan (NANP) area. The area code (518) indicates that the number covers the State of New York, USA and the Exchange Code (205) indicates that the number covers the town or city of Hoosick Falls. This Exchange code was originally designated for Landline usage and the original service provider was "GLOBAL CROSSING LOCAL SERVICES, INC. - NY". Number Pooling is active in this exchange and this sub-allocation of numbers is allocated to "BANDWIDTH.COM CLEC, LLC - NY".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +15182053893

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +15182053893 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Jelena McWilliams", Chairperson of Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and using the email address fdicgovus2019@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Federal Deposit
Insurance Corporation. Headquarters:
Washington, D.C., United States

Attention: Sir

Hi, this is Jelena Mcwilliams the chairperson of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and i am writing this email because of the email i received from the United States Settlement Bank threatening to confiscate your fund of (51 million United States Dollars) and the Board of directors are really mounting so much pressure and i have no control over them.

I will advise you to contact Mr Alen Mollison the Director Head of Legal Department of the United States Settlement Bank to inform him when you can obtain the Deposit Insurance Certificate and get back to me.

I want to personally assure you that once you obtain the Deposit Insurance Certificate you will have access to your fund within two working Days.

Contact Information
Mr. Alen Mollison,
Director Head of Legal Department
United States Settlement Bank
E-mail: alenmollison.accountant@aol.com
Bank Whatsapp-live-Chat No: + 1 618-356 1394

I want to tell you that since I resumed office as the Chairperson of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. I can beat my chest that I have saved so many clients from fund frustration and we have been monitoring your fund from our Database and I really hope you take this email very seriously because this is the best thing that can help you during this Global Crisis.

I want you to channel your fund frustration to us with hope that we will give you the best service.

I will be waiting to hear from you

Jelena McWilliams,Chairperson,
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Private Official Email: fdicgovus2019@gmail.com
Whats-app only: + 1 518-205-3893
The email was sent from the email address "Jelena Mcwilliams <fdicgovus2019@gmail.com>".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.