+22170678747

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+22170678747

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +22170678747, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +22170678747

Telephone number +22170678747 has a country code of 221, which indicates that it is from Senegal. The dialling code (7067) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "Expresso Sénégal (Sudatel)".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +22170678747

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +22170678747 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be from "United Bank of Africa" and using the email address atmservicecenter2@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Hello Dearest Friend,

I'm happy to inform you about my new partner from Senegal who is an international businessman. Presently we are in Paraguay for an investment project with my husband, although I did not forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me in receiving the package that you later failed somehow. I'm very glad to inform you I left an ATM VISA CARD on your name that contains ( $150,000 USD ) I'm only giving this money for your past effort and attempts to assist me during the process of this issue, although i did this without informing my husband because i know if he know it will cause problem between us

Well i will like you to Feel free and contact United Bank of Africa (UBA) Dakar Senegal

Email:...........( atmservicecenter2@gmail.com )
Bank Name,........UNITED BANK OF AFRICA (UBA)
Address :.............. Dakar, Route des Almadies, Zone 12 lot D
Telephone.:...... +22170678747

contact the bank to enable there bank manager to direct you on how to send the Visa Card to your country to enable you to cash the withdraw the money

Tell the bank to send the ATM VISA CARD to you through DHL delivery Service or any Courier service, I repeat i deposited the sum of 150,000 Dollars in that VISA CARD for your past efforts and attempt to assist me in getting the fund, I really appreciate your efforts then which was the reason i decide to give you this to show my gratitude, go ahead and contact the United Bank For Africa (UBA) Dakar Senegal as instructed, to enable them to direct you on how to deliver the VISA CARD to your house address in your country, so that you can be able to withdraw the money, i wish you all the best, i will invite you in our wedding, bye and have a nice day

Your Spencer Mitchell.
The email was sent from the email address "Smgt Spencer Mitchell <msmgt.spencermitchell@gmail.com>".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.