+85281700316

Scam reports relating to Zone 8 telephone numbers:
East Asia and special services
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+85281700316

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +85281700316, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +85281700316

Telephone number +85281700316 has a country code of 852, which indicates that it is from Hong Kong. The dialling code (817) indicates that the number is a universal access number. The original service provider was "Hutchison Global Communications Ltd".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +85281700316

Telephone number +85281700316 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Clarence Tam" and using the email address claencetam@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Good Day

Thanks for getting back to me. Again, it is my desire to provide you with more information regarding this project. In the year 2001, Mr. Albert Hans Johnson came to our office for discussions about a financial investment of $ 50,000,000.00 (Fifty million United States Dollars) which he had invested for a period of ten years.

The capital yielded an average profit of 7.5% annually and is now worth US $ 87,500,000.00 (Eighty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars). In October 2011, after the arrears were due, we attempted several times to notify Albert of the inactivity on his account but there was no response. Hence my office initiated an investigation which revealed that he was dead. Even after this finding, the investigation lasted for 18 months in a bid to find any relative of his, because on our record, he had no next of kin. He died intestate in his belief in line with his philosophy in renouncing valuables.

Everything is going to be done in sequence. I will imagine that the whole process should take about 2-3 weeks before the money will be in your account. You will need a solicitor who is a member of the Hong Kong Bar Association that will represent and act on your behalf, this I will recommend a reputable Firm ZHONGZI LAW OFFICE, A Probate Trust and Commercial Practice Law Firm that would represent and prepare all the necessary documents in your name. This will then be put in Albert's file and presented to my Bank. Once approved, authorization will be given to the Hong Kong Monetary Authority through Hong Kong Asset Management to make all necessary payments to you. Please this is very important and your total commitment and Honesty is what is desired. I will be speaking to you as often as possible despite the time difference and communication will be done via this email address.

At this stage I am sure you have loads of questions you want to ask. We are going to take this matter on a step-by-step basis. However, something that I must point out to you at this stage is that there is no wrong on your part. At the end of the day it is the bank that will be contacting you through Hong Kong Asset Management/HKMA Asset Management informing you that money has been left for you. You are not contacting the bank so you are doing absolutely nothing wrong or taking any risk. The only person who could have disputed this is long gone.

You must understand why there must be serious confidentiality about this whole process as Hong Kong Asset Management is a money management company which deals with high net worth individuals and giant corporations on its behalf. As soon as Hong Kong Asset has gone through all formalities with you, they will instruct HKMA Asset Management to take necessary actions towards your file. This will be done through an Attorney as certain verification stipulated by banking laws have to be followed.

Please send me the following below, as I need it for filings, regarding all necessary amendments that have to be made in regards to you becoming the legal beneficiary to Albert’s estate before Hong Kong Asset Management, Hong Kong gets in contact with you on any issues relating to this matter meanwhile 40% will be for you and the balance 60% will be for me after we have deducted and pay back ourselves any expenses/costs incurred in concluding this transaction successfully.

1) Full Names:
2) Physical address:
3) Telephone, Fax and Mobile Numbers:
4) Age, Marital Status and Current Occupation/Position.
5) A valid copy of your International Passport or Driver's license Copy.
6) What is your net-worth? I don't need an exact figure but rather want to know if you have the capability to process and handle this huge sum.

Upon receipt of the above requested information, I will furnish you with further detailed information of your expected role in order to successfully achieve this objective "transfer of title of ownership" (Inheritance) to you.

Thank you for your time, your understanding and full anticipated cooperation, I await your swift response back with the requested details.

Warm Regards,

Clarence Tam...
+852-817-00316
The email was sent from the email address "Clarence Tam <claencetam@gmail.com>", with the subject "Re: Project Details...".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Telephone number +85281700316 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Clarence Tam" and using the email address clarencetam21@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Good Day Sir,

Thanks for getting back to me. Again, it is my desire to provide you with more information regarding this project. In the year 2001, Mr. Albert Galen [Redacted] came to our office for discussions about a financial investment of $ 50,000,000.00 (Fifty million United States Dollars) which he had invested for a period of ten years.

The capital yielded an average profit of 7.5% annually and is now worth US $ 87,500,000.00 (Eighty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars). In October 2011, after the arrears were due, we attempted several times to notify Albert of the inactivity on his account but there was no response. Hence my office initiated an investigation which revealed that he was dead. Even after this finding, the investigation lasted for 18 months in a bid to find any relative of his, because on our record, he had no next of kin. He died intestate in his belief in line with his philosophy in renouncing valuables.

Everything is going to be done in sequence. I will imagine that the whole process should take about 2-3 weeks before the money will be in your account. You will need a solicitor who is a member of the Hong Kong Bar Association that will represent and act on your behalf, this I will recommend a reputable Firm ZHONGZI LAW OFFICE, A Probate Trust and Commercial Practice Law Firm that would represent and prepare all the necessary documents in your name. This will then be put in Albert's file and presented to my Bank. Once approved, authorization will be given to the Hong Kong Monetary Authority through Hong Kong Asset Management to make all necessary payments to you. Please this is very important and your total commitment and Honesty is what is desired. I will be speaking to you as often as possible despite the time difference and communication will be done via this email address.

At this stage I am sure you have loads of questions you want to ask. We are going to take this matter on a step-by-step basis. However, something that I must point out to you at this stage is that there is no wrong on your part. At the end of the day it is the bank that will be contacting you through Hong Kong Asset Management/HKMA Asset Management informing you that money has been left for you. You are not contacting the bank so you are doing absolutely nothing wrong or taking any risk. The only person who could have disputed this is long gone.

You must understand why there must be serious confidentiality about this whole process as Hong Kong Asset Management is a money management company which deals with high net worth individuals and giant corporations on its behalf. As soon as Hong Kong Asset has gone through all formalities with you, they will instruct HKMA Asset Management to take necessary actions towards your file. This will be done through an Attorney as certain verification stipulated by banking laws have to be followed.

Please send me the following below, as I need it for filings, regarding all necessary amendments that have to be made in regards to you becoming the legal beneficiary to Albert s estate before Hong Kong Asset Management, Hong Kong gets in contact with you on any issues relating to this matter meanwhile 40% will be for you and the balance 60% will be for me after we have deducted and pay back ourselves any expenses/costs incurred in concluding this transaction successfully.

1) Full Names:
2) Physical address:
3) Telephone, Fax and Mobile Numbers:
4) Age, Marital Status and Current Occupation/Position.
5) A valid copy of your International Passport or Driver's license Copy.
6) What is your net-worth? I don't need an exact figure but rather want to know if you have the capability to process and handle this huge sum.

Upon receipt of the above requested information, I will furnish you with further detailed information of your expected role in order to successfully achieve this objective "transfer of title of ownership" (Inheritance) to you.

Thank you for your time, your understanding and full anticipated cooperation, I await your swift response back with the requested details. Happy New Year to you and your Family.

Warm Regards,

Clarence Tam...
+852-817-00316
The email was sent from the email address "Clarence Tam <clarencetam21@gmail.com>", with the subject "Re: Project Details...".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Telephone number +85281700316 is being used on a fake domain thefnuk.com, which claims to belong to "Tam & Partners Solicitors". The website gives the following contact details:
Clarence Tam
+852-817-00316
mail.box@thefnuk.com
clarencetam21@gmail.com
The WhoIs record for the fake domain thefnuk.com gives the following information.
Creation Date: 2022-12-16T17:20:25.000Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-12-16T17:20:25.000Z

Registrant Organization: 1&1 Internet Inc