+19177403375

Scam reports relating to Zone 1 (NANP Area) telephone numbers
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+19177403375

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +19177403375, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +19177403375

Telephone number +19177403375 has a country code of 1, which indicates that it is from North American Numbering Plan (NANP) area. The area code (917) indicates that the number covers the State of New York, USA and the Exchange Code (740) indicates that the number covers the town or city of Richmond Hill. This Exchange code was originally designated for Landline usage and the original service provider was "BANDWIDTH.COM CLEC, LLC - NY".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +19177403375

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +19177403375 is being used as part of a Rental Scam by someone claiming to be "Benjamin Varian" and using the email address bvarian5@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Rental Scam email that is being sent to victims:
This is in receipt of your details, I have attached a soft copy of the lease document for you to have a better look at it due to my absence to take you on a tour and for you to know you are dealing with the exact owner of the apartment. It's very nice to know you have got much interest in my apartment and you are willing to move forward to renting it. God bless you

I want you to know that, what i and my family are in search of is occupant who is calm, friendly and well organize, occupant that we can create a good relationship with for future purpose.. we are a very little family that stay away from issues and we are only willing to give out our apartment to a family or an individual who is peaceful and God fearing.

A little about myself, I am married to a lovely woman and we are blessed with 2 children.. I am that kind of man who doesn't give what I can't eat, I believe in the golden rule.. treat others the way you want to be treated, i fear and respect God knowing he doesn't like ugly.. I am just trying to make my intention very clear that I am not the type that takes any human for granted and I don't run around, I am straight and expect the same of what I give, I just want to rent my home out so it doesn't stay empty.

Also I need you to understand that the money factor would never be an issue for me, because I know how difficult it is most times to get funds, that's why my wife and I are always open to listening to people's needs.

As I said in my previous email, We just relocated to our new home in Virginia (VA). and the reason we have the keys and documents here with us is because we never had it in mind to rent out our home, but since we are going to be staying here longer than expected my wife insisted we rent it out to a lucky family or individual at a very affordable price...

So i need you to get back to me and give me your move in date... the names of everyone moving in with you, if you have pets i need their names.. and also i need your exact home location so i don't make mistakes while sending you the keys and document. Let me know if you have the security deposit ready so I can make the shipping arrangements for the keys/documents and after you view the apartment then you pay the first month's rent and move in.

Please note that the security deposit is needed as a sign of commitment and readiness towards renting the apartment and it's refundable at the end of your lease contract... I expect your swift response, feel free to call me anytime on my cell number: (917) 740-3375.

Thanks and God bless you.
The email was sent from the email address "Benjamin Varian I <bvarian5@gmail.com>".

The email is a example of a Rental Scam targeting individuals looking for rental properties. The scammer will claim to have a property available for rent at a better than market price. They will claim to be unable to show the property due to having moved away and will usually offer to send the keys using some sort of Escrow service or ask for a deposit, again to be held in Escrow. They will often use the names of real companies in the rental and accommodation sectors such as AirBnB, Flipkey, Rightmove. Legitimate landlords will make arrangements for prospective tenants to be able to view their properties - if you can't physically see the inside of the property without having to pay money to someone then it is a definite scam.