+2348109748486

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+2348109748486

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +2348109748486, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +2348109748486

Telephone number +2348109748486 has a country code of 234, which indicates that it is from Nigeria. The dialing code (810) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +2348109748486

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +2348109748486 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Ro Thoko" from Standard Bank of Nigerian and using the email address thoko.roy@yahoo.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Dear Friend,

Before I introduce myself, I wish to inform you that this letter is not a hoax mail and I want you to treat it with seriousness. My name is Mr. ROY. I am a staff of Standard Bank of Nigerian. I am writing to you in respect of a foreign customer of my bank, MR. ANDREAS SCRANNER who perished with his entire family on the 25th July, 2000 in CONCORDE plane crash

There is an account opened in this bank by this great late diamond and oil merchant who died without a written or oral WILL attached to the account. Since his death I have personally tried to locate any of His relatives to come and stand as the Next of Kin to claim his funds and my investigation shows that no other person knows about this account or anything concerning it. The account has no other beneficiary and until his death he was the manager of his company. I therefore request for your assistance to help me move this fund out of the country for investment.

The total amount involved is US$35,500,000.00 USD [Thirty Five Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars] but we wish to start the first transfer with $10,000,000.00[Ten million]. Upon successful transaction without any disappointment from your side, we shall re-apply for the transfer of the remaining balance to your account.

All I need from you is your honest cooperation to make this deal work out as planned. On this note, I want you to act as the foreign beneficiary of the fund from the deceased by providing your bank account where the fund will be transferred for immediate investment on any viable project. The account can be an empty account or you can create a virgin account without any money in it provided it can receive this fund.

I therefore contacted you because the banking ethics here in Nigerian does not equally permit us, the bank management to approve the money to an indigenous name or into a local account but we can only approve it to a foreigner who has good information to the deceased dormant account which I will provide to you on your positive response.

Upon the receipt of your reply, I will send to you all the entire information about the transaction. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is 100% risk and that you should not entertain any fear as all modalities for fund transfer can be finalized within 14 banking days after we apply to the bank on your behalf as the beneficiary of the fund from the deceased. I will on receipt of your positive response, draft an application which will be forwarded to the bank management seeking for the release and transfer of the funds into your bank account.

At the conclusion of the transfer 55% of the fund will be for us while we give you 30% of the total transfer fund, 10% for charity both in Nigerian and in your country wand the remaining 5% will be set aside to settle expenses both parties might incurs during the transfer process.

PLEASE, THE CONTENT OF THIS LETTER IS A TOP SECRET AND I WILL WANT YOU TO KEEP IT TO YOURSELF ONLY. I wait for your positive response on my private email thoko.roy@yahoo.com and kindly indicate your telephone/mobile number for easy and safe communication between us.

Sincerely yours,
Mr. ROY
call.+2348109748486
The email was sent from the email address "roy thoko <thoko.roy@yahoo.com>", with the subject "HIGHLY/CONFIDENTIAL".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.