+233261411539

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+233261411539

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +233261411539, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +233261411539

Telephone number +233261411539 has a country code of 233, which indicates that it is from Ghana. The dialing code (26) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "AirtelTigo".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +233261411539

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +233261411539 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Dr Smith Dave" and using the email address ecobanklometogo004@yahoo.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Western Union Head Quarters,
P.O.Box 2345
North-East Lome Togo,

Attn: Please,

AFTER OUR BOARD DISCUSSION THIS MORNING MY TIME I DECIDED TO SEND YOU THIS EMAIL, I AM DR, SMITH DAVE THE NEW APPOINTED MANAGER TO THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER OF WEST AFRICA TOGO LOME/ACCRA GHANA AXIS
ON MY RESUMPTION OF OFFICE, I DISCOVERED SO MANY HUGE AMOUNTS OF DELAYED PAYMENTS IN OUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND THESE FUNDS WERE PAID BY SOME REFUGEES FROM VARIOUS COUNTRIES HERE IN AFRICA WHO LIVED IN THE UN GHANA REFUGEES CAMP.

WE DISCOVER AN AMOUNT $1.5 MILLION USD ON YOUR NAME AND WE SHALL BE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT BIT BY BIT, WE SHALL SEND YOU 5 MTCN NUMBERS CONTAINING $5,000 DAILY, EACH NUMBER CONTAINING $5,000 AND WE SHALL CONTINUE TO MAKE THE TRANSFER EVERYDAY UNTIL YOU HAVE FINALLY RECEIVED THE WHOLE AMOUNT.

THE PAYING AUTHORITY (BANK) HAS GIVEN ME THE AUTHORITY AS THE NEW BOARD APPOINTED MANAGER OF THE WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER TO EFFECT ALL DELAYED PAYMENT'S FROM OUR SYSTEM TO THE APPROPRIATE BENEFICIARY’S WITHIN THE NEXT 72-HOURS FROM NOW TO THOSE THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS UGLY SITUATION AND WHICH YOU ARE AMONG THE FEW LUCKY BENEFICIARY.

SOME OF ALL THIS REFUGEES THAT SENT THESE MONEY WERE ARRESTED BY SECURITY AGENTS FOR CHARGES LIKE MONEY LAUNDRY AND SPONSORING TERRORIST ACTIVITIES WITH THEIR FOREIGN PARTNER OVERSEAS AND ALSO THEY CLAIMED THAT THEY DON'T LIKE THE PRESENT DISAPPOINTING MEANS OF DIPLOMATIC HAND DELIVERY OF FUNDS TO THEIR FOREIGN PARTNER & BENEFICIARY WHICH HAVE COST A LOT OF PROBLEM AND SUFFERING TO THEM AND THEIR PARTNER.

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY NOW SHOWING IN OUR COMPUTER SYSTEM IS ABOUT 1.5 MILLION U.S. DOLLARS AND RIGHT NOW THE BANK AUTHORITY AND OUR HEAD QUARTER WILL BE DIALOGING ON HOW TO REMIT ALL THE FUNDS TO ALL BENEFICIARY BEFORE THE PERIOD OF SEVEN DAYS FROM NOW.

TRANSFER PROCEDURES:
(1) THE CONTROL NUMBER'S WHICH WILL GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO PICK-UP THIS FUNDS IN ANY OF OUR OFFICE IN YOUR COUNTRY MUST BE ACTIVATED BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED FOR LONG AND IT NEED TO BE ACTIVATED AGAIN TO NETWORK AND THAT IS GOING TO COST YOU ( $450 USD ONLY )

(2) FIVE NAMES TO EFFECT THE TRANSFER PROCEEDS.
(.3)COUNTRY /TOWN AND CITY.
(4) MOBILE/TELE.
(5)OCCUPATION.

WESTERN UNION IS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR TOTAL CO-OPERATION IN THIS COMMITMENT AND MAY GOD GUIDE YOU AND AS I GOT YOUR RESPOND I WILL GIVE YOU THE NAME TO SEND IT DOWN.

REGARDS
DR.SMITH DAVE,
NEW MANAGER
00233-261411539
The email was sent from the email address "ecobank lometogo <ecobanklometogo004@yahoo.com>", with the subject "Congratulation on your release (W/U)".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.