+447520642191

Scam reports relating to Zone 4 telephone numbers:
Europe
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+447520642191

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +447520642191, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +447520642191

Telephone number +447520642191 has a country code of 44, which indicates that it is from the United Kingdom. The dialing code (75209) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "Tismi BV".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +447520642191

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +447520642191 is being used as part of a Rental Scam by someone claiming to be "Michael B" and using the email address burchell@liro-group.com. The telephone number is included in the following Rental Scam email that is being sent to victims:
The company I work for moved me to the United Kingdom, and unfortunately there is a problem showing you the apartment because I have already left. The reason I haven't managed to rent the apartment before I had to leave for the United Kingdom is that someone said that will rent the apartment and haven't managed to keep the promise. I waited for him, but unfortunately, he didn't manage to get the money on time, so the transaction failed and I had to leave before managing to rent it. Obviously, this brought me huge inconvenience. So I can tell that I have a bitter experience making a reservation, it's the first time I'm renting an apartment so I prefer using a worldwide property management company.

The company I am talking about is called Wimdu (www.wimdu.com) their website is mainly focused on short term rentals, but they also have a NEW service for long term rentals. I used this service last month when I rented my apartment in London, United Kingdom, and I can tell you that it was a great experience and the only way I will proceed renting my apartment is by using Wimdu. Look at their website as a reference, but please know that you will not find my apartment there, as I need to initiate the transaction before anything.

Using Wimdu involves three parties: me as the owner, you as a potential tenant and Wimdu as a responsible third party authorized to handle this transaction. Wimdu works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Wimdu. Of course, nobody can take that money until you will inspect the apartment and sign the lease agreement. With this procedure, you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment and Wimdu will guarantee your deposit (insurance), also they will handle everything, including paperwork and shipping of the keys.

Like I said before, I used them to rent my apartment in London and everything was perfect, they are really professional and they have great services. Please keep in mind that the "reward" for proceeding with this "unconventional" transaction is the monthly rent price, which is below the market, exactly for this reason. Also please know that the transaction and the deposit to Wimdu are made only the first time so that you can be able to receive the keys and inspect the apartment. After you will visit the apartment and sign the lease agreement, you can deposit the monthly payments directly to my bank account, or we can set up a payment method that is suitable for both of us.

Wimdu is a very serious worldwide company, with similar services to the well known Airbnb, but with this extra service for long term rentals, offering protection for both parties.

My phone number is +44 75206 42191 (UK phone number), I am new at work and I try to avoid speaking on the phone, if I am not able to respond, I will do my best to call you asap.

Let me know if you are interested so I can provide all the steps of this transaction. You need to know everything about this process before we get this started.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!
Michael

PS: Sorry for the long emails, but I need to explain the situation as best as I can.
The WhoIs record for the domain liro-group.com gives the following information.
Creation Date: 2020-01-04T14:10:13Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-01-04T14:10:13Z

Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
The email is an example of a Rental Scam. The scammer uses excuses to avoid being able to show the apartment and suggests the use of a middle man (usually a well known business such as AirBnB or Wimdu) to hold the deposit. Anyone responding to it will receive a fake email claiming to be from the company and asking for the deposit to be sent to a bank account. There may follow other excuses for more payments being required or the scammer may just disappear with the deposit.