+2349122895737

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+2349122895737

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +2349122895737, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +2349122895737

Telephone number +2349122895737 has a country code of 234, which indicates that it is from Nigeria. The dialing code (9) indicates that the number covers the area of Abuja and that the number is a landline number.

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +2349122895737

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +2349122895737 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Dr. Tony Frank", Director of the Allocation Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria and using the email address cbnnigeria11111@yahoo.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.
LEICESTER CURRENCY
CHEQUE/DRAFT DEPARTMENT
TELEGRAM: FBNFOREX

I am Dr. Tony Frank, Director allocation department from the Central Bank of Nigeria. My office monitors and controls the affairs of all banks and Financial institutions in Nigeria concerned with foreign claim payments. I am the final signatory to any transfer or remittance of huge funds moving within banks both on the local and international levels in line with foreign claim settlements. I have before me list of funds, which could not be transferred to some nominated accounts as these accounts have been identified either as ghost accounts, unclaimed deposits or over-invoiced sum.

On this note, I wish to have a deal with you as regards to an unpaid fund. I have a file before me and the data’s are correct and un-tampered. As it is my duty to recommend the transfer of these surplus funds to the Federal Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as unclaimed deposits, I have the opportunity to write you based on the instructions I received two days ago from the Foreign Debts reconciliation dept to submit the List.

My conditions:

1. The sum of USD$10.7M only will be transfer into your account after the proccessing of all relevant legal documents with your name as the bonfide beneficary,the transfer will be made by Draft or telegraphic Transfer (T/T), confirmable in 3 working days.

2. This deal must be kept secret forever, and all correspondence will be strictly by email / telephone, for security purposes.

3. There should be no third parties as most problem associated with your fund release are caused by your agents or representative.

4. Note that after the successful completion of this transaction,you and I will have a fair share of the fund in the ratio of 50:50.If you AGREE with my conditions, l advise you on what to do immediately and the transfer will commence without delay as I will proceed to fix your name on the Payment schedule instantly to meet the three days mandate.

1. Your Full Name:……………………..
2. Current Address:……………………
3. Direct Phone:…………………………
4 Cell Number:…………………………
5 Occupations:…………………………..
6. Age:……………………………………
7. Sex…………………………………..
8. Country………………………………
9. Company:……………………………..

I hope you don’t reject this offer and have this funds transferred.

Waiting for your reply

Yours faithfully,
Dr. Tony Frank,
Director Allocation Department
(Central Bank of Nigeria)
cbnnigeria11111@yahoo.com
+234-9122895737
The email was sent from the email address "CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA <phlegar@bluegrass.net>", with the Reply-to address "<cbnnigeria11111@yahoo.com>" and the subject "CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA Final Notice!!!!".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.