+27655900065

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+27655900065

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +27655900065, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +27655900065

Telephone number +27655900065 has a country code of 27, which indicates that it is from South Africa. The dialling code (655) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "MTN".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +27655900065

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +27655900065 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "John Vice", from Standard Bank Group Limited and using the email address infostandardbankgsa@safrica.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Dear

I am delighted that you are ready to assist me and work for humanity, which proves that you are a person with a good heart. Working for a charity is working for the Lord because this is what our Lord Jesus Christ ordained.

I have further discussed with the Bank Transfer Executive concerning the transfer of the fund to you. The Banker informed me that they will need you to email them first so that they can further explain the simple transfer procedures to you directly as my fund beneficiary for donation to any charitable organization of your choice around you.

Please Email the Bank at: InfoStandardBankGSA@safrica.com (The Bank Email).

Below is the detailed contact of the Banker, please email the banker immediately after you receive this email. I would also like for you to assure me that you will manage the fund very well when I am no more.

Below are the details for you to contact the Banker
Contact person: Mr. John Vice. Ext 220, Transfer Director.

Mr. John Vice
Head of Corporate Banking for Transfer and Transnational Products & Services
Standard Bank Group Limited, JHB Branch, South Africa.
Bank Email: InfoStandardBankGSA@safrica.com
Bank Tel Line: +27-65-590-0065
Fax Line: +27-86-273-5987

Please update me on your communication with the Bank as soon as possible, and kindly keep praying for me, as I will be praying for you too. Thank you and may the Grace of our Lord almighty be with you.

Attached is the Certificate of Deposit for you to view and use it as proof to contact the Bank that will help us with the transfer. You can forward the documents to him if you may. He is aware of you. I already got him acquainted with you in our emails and meeting, and he awaits your message. Could you send him a letter of greetings, and he will follow up with you?

Your Sister in the Lord.

Ms. Maria Ramos
God’s favor is sufficient for us
The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.