+61480048897

Scam reports relating to Zone 6 telephone numbers:
Southeast Asia and Oceania
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+61480048897

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +61480048897, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +61480048897

Telephone number +61480048897 has a country code of 61, which indicates that it is from Australia. The dialling code (4800) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "Telstra Corporation Ltd".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +61480048897

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +61480048897 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "David Callow" and using the email address davidcallow1968@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Hello [Redacted],

Thank you for your response. I hope that this email comes across to you as a pleasant opportunity, which is conveyed by the enclosed message. I am in search of absolutely trustworthy individuals, with whom we can jointly invest, and solicit honorable partnerships.

I represent a client, who has very significant interests in conducting businesses, relative to investments in your country; and in whatsoever areas which you might already be acquainted with, and significantly experienced in. We are looking to initiate a properly structured and mutually beneficial business relationship with you. Below is some surface information, which we are ready to share with you, at the moment;

We presently possess at our disposal, the sum of Eight Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($8,500,000.00).
The amount mentioned above, is presently available in an institution in Switzerland.
These funds are to be invested through your agency, in the purchase of facilities and assets, for the said purposes (within your country).
You will be paid a commission of 1% ($85,000.00) of the total principal investment sum, for your mobilization and research logistics; on successful delivery of the funds to your country.
The investment (in acquired assets and business processes) will be under your control perpetually, and the profit will be shared equally between yourself and the investor.
For security reasons, and in order to avoid unnecessary taxation, by both local and foreign financial regulatory organizations, the fund owner desires absolute confidentiality and professionalism in the handling of this matter. More details will be furnished to you, as soon as I receive a response indicating your interest, and including your contact details, as prompted for below;

Full names:
Address:
Home / cell phone numbers:

We are in earnest anticipation of your positive response to my email address here: davidcallow1968@gmail.com or call me directly on my mobile - +61 4800 48897. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully yours,
David Callow.
The email was sent from the email address "David Callow <davidcallow1968@gmail.com>", with the subject "Re: Partnership.".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.