+22896656622

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+22896656622

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +22896656622, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +22896656622

Telephone number +22896656622 has a country code of 228, which indicates that it is from Togo. The dialing code (9) indicates that the number is a mobile number.

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +22896656622

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +22896656622 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Matthew Mark", Foreign Payment Manager at Ora Bank and using the email address www.orabankgroup@accountant.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Hello Dear,

How are you and your family hope fine? .I am happy to inform you about my success in transferring the funds which i contacted you before I'm in Austria now with my new partner.

Am writing to inform you that I kept an ATM VISA CARD worth of $250,000.00 (Two Hundred and fifty Thousand US Dollars) to ORA BANK FOR AFRICA in Lome Togo ,after i got the fund transferred through my foreign partner to his country Austria the money in the (ATM VISA CARD) is a reward for your past efforts to help me during the period i contacted you. I could not forget those horrible days and all your help, although things did not easily work with the transfer of the funds then.

At this time the visa credit card is under the custody of ORA BANK FOR AFRICA in Lome TOGO,and What you should do now is to contact the bank today and give them your full name and address where they will post the visa credit card to you..

You should immediately contact ORA / BANK FOR AFRICA for the ATM CARD through this email address:

Contact is: === ORA BANK LOME TOGO
Address: ==== Station d’essence CAP TOGO, face stade Kégué BP 65 Lomé
Foreign Payment manager, ===== Mr. Matthew Mark
Email: ====== www.orabankgroup@accountant.com
Tell: ========= +228 966-566-22

As soon as this information is received by the ORA BANK LOME FOR AFRICA, the credit card will be sent to you. Thank you and take good care of your self, remember to let me know when you receive the ATM VISA CREDIT CARD so that I will be free from thinking about the whereabouts of the credit card.Do not allow the credit card to get lost

This is my own turn to pay you for your good efforts,though it failed. Helping the needy pays so much in life. At the moment, I am very busy here in Austria with my partner and we'll be getting married soon you need to get the money before our marriage because of the complications that come with the joint family account. Finally, try to contact the ORA BANK LOME TOGO: (Email:www.orabankgroup@accountant.com)

Have a blessed day.
From Your Formal Friend
Jessica Lynch
The email was sent from the email address "jassicalynch@hotmail.com".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.