+22953022549

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+22953022549

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +22953022549, which has been identified as being used by scammers as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +22953022549

Telephone number +22953022549 has a country code of 229, which indicates that it is from Benin. The dialling code (53) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "Spacetel Benin S. A.".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +22953022549

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +22953022549 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Frau Scam by someone claiming to be "Carl Jones" or "Ismail Ahmed" and using the email address official76006@gmail.com. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Frau email that is being sent to victims:
Dear esteemed customer,

Firstly, we want to assure you that this is not one of the fraud/scam messages you receive promising you for millions of dollars. Be rest assured that this is your compensation because your email address is on the list of the survived victims of COVID-19. Your email address is on the list of those that will receive this compensation, you are such a lucky person and it is a great opportunity for you to change your life financially, do not miss it.

After receiving your message, we instantly sent the first payment of $2,500 to you but as I was trying to email you the payment information for you to go and pick up the payment in your country, I got a call from the WorldRemit Headquarters in London, United Kingdom and they brought to our attention that the payment of $2,500 we sent to you has been CANCELLED and the remaining $497,500.00 has been placed on hold by them (THE WORLDREMIT HEADQUARTERS) through our network.

I asked them why and they said that the Inland Revenue Tax Authority here in Benin Republic reported to them that we are transferring such an amount of money without the Non-Resident Tax Clearance Certificate of the beneficiary.

So, after I cut off the conversation with the WorldRemit HeadQuarters, I called the Inland Revenue Tax Authority here to know how the clearance could be obtained from them and the cost of obtaining it. They said that it will cost $88 only to obtain the certificate and it will take only 1 – 2 hours for the clearance certificate to be ready.

I later called the WorldRemit Head Quarters back and asked them if there is any other thing to do after the clearance is obtained and they assured me that once the clearance certificate is forwarded to them, they will instantly release the funds without any delay.

In regards to this, you are officially advised to go ahead and send the Non-Resident Tax Clearance fee of $88 via WorldRemit so that we will assist you and obtain the certificate from the office. To send the needed fee, kindly visit www.worldremit.com . Here is the information you will use to send the $88.

Receiver name;.......CARL JONES
Address:.......20 Gbodje Rails Carrefour
City................Porto - Novo
Country;............Benin republic
Phone:..... +229-5302-2549

Do send us the payment information as soon as you make the payment. If you can send the fee today, you will pick up the first payment and we will send you another $2,500 today as the clearance certificate is the only thing holding the transfer. Note: You have to try and send the clearance fee as a matter of urgency because the HeadQuarters will confiscate your fund and divert it to the government treasury if you do not comply urgently.

Remember, we were instructed by the UN Compensation Commission to return any unclaimed payment file after 72 hours if the beneficiary did not comply to claim his/her funds. So, if you will send the fee but you can not send it within 72 hours, let us know so that we will report to the UN Compensation Commission that you are complying so that they will not ask for the return of your own payment files.

Meanwhile, we will be waiting for the fee of $88 and within 30 minutes to 1 hour of confirming the payment, you will receive the first payment slip in your inbox.

The management of WorldRemit International Money Transfer, Benin Republic Office.

For more details/inquiry, call/WhatsApp +229-5302-2549

Sincerely,
Mr. Ismail Ahmed
Director, WorldRemit International Money Transfer
The email was sent from the email address "WorldRemit <official76006@gmail.com>", with the subject "Re: COVID Compensation".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.