+14697125160

Scam reports relating to Zone 1 (NANP Area) telephone numbers
Post Reply
User avatar
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg
Posts: 27052
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 am
Location: Hanging on the telephone

+14697125160

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +14697125160, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +14697125160

Telephone number +14697125160 has a country code of 1, which indicates that it is from the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) area. The area code (469) indicates that the number covers the State of Texas, USA and the Exchange Code (712) indicates that the number covers the town or city of Mckinney. This Exchange code was originally designated for Landline usage and the original service provider was "CELLCO PARTNERSHIP DBA VERIZON WIRELESS - TX". Number Pooling is active in this exchange and this sub-allocation of numbers is allocated to "BANDWIDTH.COM CLEC, LLC - TX".

User avatar
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg
Posts: 27052
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 am
Location: Hanging on the telephone

Re: +14697125160

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +14697125160 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "George Johnston", from the United Nations and using the email address gj501908@gmail.com. The telephone number in included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Dear Valued Customer

My Name is Mr George Johnston,I am the Director Inspection Unit, United Nations Inspection Agent. We are currently in Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport TX 75261, United States for official inspection while i discovered an abandoned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metallic Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 65kg each. On my assumption the box contain $10M .

On further investigation, i discovered that the consignment was abandoned due to wrong declaration of the content, also the Diplomat inability to pay for the Domestic Airport Customs Non inspection clearance Fee, because he did not know the content of the boxes.

I will arrange for the boxes to be moved out of this Airport to your address, once we are through I will deploy the services of a secured shipping Company geared to provide the security it needs to your doorstep.

Now i want to strike a deal with you, in your acceptance i will proceed on this. I have the capacity to secure the release of your consignment with my status as an United Nations\Inspection Agent. You will give me 10% of the amount in the consignment and you take the remaining 90% when we cleared it,

If you are not in agreement with this proposal, please disregard it. But if you can meet with my condition, then we have a deal. I can get everything concluded within 24 to 48 hours and proceed to your address for delivery upon your acceptance.

Write me on this email: gj501908@gmail.com if you accepts to work with me.Send me your cell phone number and your address and your full name.


You can as well call me on this number +1-469-712-5160 if you wish to speak with me but if you call and could not reach me on phone note that i am on the field for inspection, So leave your information so that i can reach you when i am back in the office.

Mr.George Johnston
The email was sent from the email address "Mr.George Johnston <angie@mercuryserveinc.com>", with the Reply-to address "gj501908@gmail.com" and the subject "(Your Abandoned funds) (Valued Customer)".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being fraudulently transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.

Post Reply