+22555248669

Scam reports relating to Zone 2 telephone numbers:
Mostly Africa (but also Aruba, Faroe Islands, Greenland and British Indian Ocean Territory)
DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

+22555248669

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

This topic gives information about the telephone number +22555248669, which has been identified as being used by scammer as part of their scam. This first post gives some general information about the telephone number, such as the country/area it is from, the type of number and the provider. Additional posts give information about occurrences of the number being used as part of a scam.

About telephone number +22555248669

Telephone number +22555248669 has a country code of 225, which indicates that it is from Côte d'Ivoire. The dialing code (55) indicates that the number is a mobile number. The original service provider was "MTN – Côte d'Ivoire".

DodgyDialersReport
Report Posting Cyborg

Re: +22555248669

Post by DodgyDialersReport »

Telephone number +22555248669 is being used as part of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam by someone claiming to be "Dr. Edwin Keita" and using the email address info.fincert@collector.org. The telephone number is included in the following Advance Fee Fraud email that is being sent to victims:
Re: Awaiting your response
Hello Dear,

I am a senior Accountant with EcoBank based in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, This private and confidential letter is an official legal notice, meant to intimate you of the untimely death of one Mr. Anderson, a nationality of your country who was killed with his only 24 year old daughter in a terrible automobile accident in 2014. His total investment assets with the bank are in excess of Nine Hundred and Fifty Million, Three Hundred Thousand US Dollars’ ($950,300.000.00).

In my possession is the file with all the account details and placing your name as a possible next of kin or relative to the deceased makes any claim to this account most credible with your last name being exactly same with the deceased and failing to claim these funds by a Next of Kin means that the estate of the deceased will become unclaimed and abandoned and therefore will be turned over to the state after exactly Five years according to Law. And no one has come forward to lay claim to this deposit since the deceased died and all efforts to locate any of his relatives have proved unsuccessful that is why I took it upon myself to contact you based on your surname.

Upon your acceptance, I ask to present you before the bank as a Next of Kin to the deceased since you have same last name and I will establish your name in his file as the only available next of kin to the deceased and I will furnish you with every legal details you need to make a claim to this account. I will carefully guide you in every step to make sure you get the banks approval to release funds to you as Next of kin. To achieve this goal however, I compel you to treat this with the utmost confidentiality imaginable. With me and my colleague working inside the bank I am giving you a 100% assurance that this claim process will go smoothly without any hitch, and there will be no legal consequences after the claim. I propose you take 40% of the funds upon completion while I and my colleague who works inside the bank keeps 60%.

Furthermore, you are not compelled in any way to participate in this process if you do not feel comfortable, which means you are not under obligation to accept this proposition. if this proposition is acceptable to you please respond back to me urgently via email and I will send you more details regarding the process. I look forward to your urgent response.

Dr. Edwin Keita
Financial Senior Auditor
Tel: +225-55248669
Email: info.fincert@collector.org
The email was sent from the email address ""Dr. Edwin Keita" <edwin.keita1@gmail.com>", with the Reply-to address "info.fincert@collector.org" and the subject "Re: Awaiting your response".

The email is a classic example of an Advance Fee Fraud Scam with promises of a large sum of money being transferred to the victim. Anyone responding to it will be told that there is a fee/tax/insurance payment to be paid to receive the money. This will be followed by payment after payment until the victim runs out of money or realises that they are being scammed.